Join the Choir for Our 2023 Cabaret!
Calling all choristers! Rehearsals for our 2023 Cabaret (to be held March 24, 25, and 26) begin January 17. Whether you’ve been performing for years or you haven’t sung since high school choir, our “community that sings” is an opportunity to learn, grow, and challenge yourself while making beautiful music, lasting memories, and lifelong friends. Here’s how you can join us!
We invite anyone interested in singing with us to sign up for a brief voice placement with our Artistic Director. First—don’t feel intimidated! We welcome singers of all experience levels, from novice to professional. During the placement, you will be asked to sing some short exercises to determine range and appropriate voice part. You will also be asked to sing a short song, or a short section of a song of your choosing. If you do not have a song in mind, you can sing something as simple as Happy Birthday. Finally, you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the choir, rehearsals, and performances.
Placements will be held at East Liberty Presbyterian Church at 116 S. Highland Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206 (map). If you need any accommodations to complete a voice placement or participate in the choir, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open placement dates have passed, but you can contact Artistic Director Kym Scott directly via email at email@example.com to schedule a placement!
Sign up for a placement time slot on Saturday, January 7 or Sunday, January 8 (additional dates may be added as needed). Please include your name and voice part (if known). If you would like to receive an email reminder, please also add your email address. If you would prefer not to share any of these details on the Google sheet, please feel free to use initials only, or contact Artistic Director Kym Scott directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to attend on the above dates, or time slots are full, please email the Artistic Director at email@example.com to set up an alternative time, either in person or virtually.
- Singers will be required to wear masks at rehearsals. We require that singers wear masks at all times while inside ELPC. Please be certain your mask is in place and secure before you enter the church. We encourage the use of highly effective masks such as N95, KN95, snugly fitting surgical masks or singer’s masks. This will remain in effect for all rehearsals for the Cabaret. We will be communicating our decision regarding rehearsals for the Pride concert in June in the coming months.
- Performances: Our policy regarding whether singers will be required to wear masks for the Cabaret performances is currently under review. We will share our decision as soon as possible. There may be different requirements for the full chorus, solos, small group ensembles, and/or outdoor performance venues.
- Audience: Our policy regarding whether audience members will be required to wear masks is also currently under review. We will share our decision as soon as possible.
- Vaccination: We continue to recommend that singers be vaccinated when medically appropriate.
- As public health measures are rapidly changing, we will continue to reassess our needs. We expect that our policies will be somewhat fluid.