A Special Opportunity to Support RCC
Contribute to RCC by supporting the purchase and performance of music for our 2017 Holiday Concert!
In this time of increasing verbal and physical assaults on sexual and gender minorities, transgender individuals, gender non-binary individuals, racial, ethnic, and religious minorities, we need to find a time to heal from all the violence. In this season of family gatherings, we offer this concert as a time to be with OUR family. In the queer community (including our allies), our true family extends beyond those to whom we were born, it extends to our family of choice. Join us for a concert of fun and beautiful music to remind us all that we do belong, that there is a place at the table for all of us in OUR home. We are so pleased that once again the Edgewood Symphony Orchestra will be joining us to perform at our Holiday Concert.
How to help:
Step 1: Contribute to RCC with a credit card or send a check to Renaissance City Choir, 116 South Highland Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15206.
Step 2: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which piece(s) you would like to co-sponsor.
Here are the pieces for our concert that you may co-sponsor:
- “Three Carols and Two Brass Fanfares,” arranged by David Willcox (O Come, All Ye Faithful, The First Nowell, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing)
- Christmas Cantata, by Daniel Pinkham
- “You Will Be Found” (from Dear Evan Hansen), lyrics and music by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, arranged by Mac Huff
- “Bashana Haba ‘ah,” lyrics by Ehud Manor, music by Nurit Hirsh, arranged by John Leavitt
- “Good King Kong Looked Out,” lyrics and music by P.D.Q. Bach
- “For Good” (from Wicked), lyrics and music by Stephen Schwartz, arranged by Mac Huff
- “Home” (from The Wiz), lyrics and music by Charlie Smalls, arranged by Andy Beck and Michael Spresser
Please contribute by November 13, so that we can include your name in our program under the piece(s) that you are co-sponsoring. We are grateful for your support!